Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Photography: from the eyes of an amateur

I don’t know if I am qualified enough to write a post on photography. But everyone has their take on something, the way they analyze, the way they see the world. So may be, even if I am not qualified, I have a different view to look at things.


Photography is like a way of life for me and I am sure for most of the people who do this, find a solace in it. It’s like gaining a spiritual peace somewhere inside you when you took the picture the way you wanted it to be. Off course, there are photoshoped images which look far different and amazing to look at. I am not against that but the satisfaction you found just after taking a photograph is different, you might change it completely in post production, but the first take is always different like “first love”.

This photo was taken by me at my village, I had the camera, i knew what I wanted and had my fingers on shutter to fire, without knowing the technical aspects of a camera. 

When you first acquired a camera, tell me the first thoughts that engulf your mind?
It’s not different from mine I am sure, I still look at my photographs for hours which I have taken from a Kodak role camera way back in my schools. Those moments were different when you look at the amazing photographs of others and wanted to click one like that one day. And all those thoughts start coming to you when you actually own a high end camera and get yourself ready to fire the shutter. You might be amateur, but the attitude with which you really handle it, is different.
And being an amateur photographer, you really need to understand the different aspect of photography, pictures, images and their post production tactics. But that need time…..Yes!! You are ready to invest time but until then? You can’t make yourself wait it learning all those technical jargons to fire your shutter. And believe me my friend, no one can actually teach you an art form, it came from within, you learn a technique, but the way you look at something will always be yours, the way you want your photographs will always be different from others. A teacher in photography can teach you the aspect of camera, lenses, lights, different other aspects but the art is yours, it is something which make you stand apart. And as far as I know, the photo artists are mostly self made, they were like us only…. “The Normal People” started shooting one fine day putting their heart and soul into it. They have never been taught but they made themselves taught by experiences that they had during the journey which they traveled.

I know about the colors, but black and while always gives a new meaning to my pictures. I am not famous, never wanted to be, but the satisfaction that I receive from these photographs are way above to anything.

So, hold your camera tight, make an image of something that you want to take and how would you want that image be framed, fix your eyes on the viewfinder, focus and fire the shutter.
Stay tuned for more on this. We will talk about different aspect of photography that an amateur photographer (not exactly a photographer but that’s something he always wanted to be called) went through.

Let me know what you think?

"Vagadiaries is committed to bring a change in the life of every traveler. and photography is an integral part of travel to rekindle the memories. to cherish the moments and experiences that you earned while travelling."



0 comments:

Post a Comment